Check out more teaching from PFC HERE
1) What one thought or idea from the sermon especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2) Reflect on someone who has blessed you through the simple act of being themselves. Can you see how they brought glory to God through their gifts or talents?
3) What are you good at? What brings you joy? What do you find life-giving? In what way do you experience God’s smile when you participate in it?
4) Does it make sense to you to speak of the “posture of your heart?” Can you identify the areas in your life that are in rebellion?
5) Have you experienced the spiritual - secular divide that was discussed? What do you think of the thought that “everything is spiritual?”
6) Response: Take some time this week to reflect on those activities that bring you joy – those things that are “life-giving.” Think about some ways to spend a bit more time doing them this week. After making a plan, pray this prayer: “Living God, thank you for giving me breath in my lungs, passion in my heart, and skill in my hands. As I try to live well, pursuing activities that bring me joy, may I experience more of you. Today and very day, I want to serve Jesus. Amen.”
Leave a Reply.
Pelham Friends Church
The Bible can be a confusing book. At PFC, we endeavor to bring the ancient text into contemporary times.