Check out more teaching from Pelham Friends HERE
Questions for Reflection:
1) What one thought or idea from the sermon especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2) “Ownership carries rights; stewardship carries responsibilities.” At the core of how you see yourself – that deep gut level - do you assume ownership of your stuff/money or do you embrace the role of steward?
3) How do you react to the idea of Jesus being a KING? Does the thought of being in His service stir up dread or delight?
4) Have you ever witnessed radical generosity? After sharing the story, explain how it made you feel.
5) If money pressure wasn’t a factor, what is one BIG problem in the world that you would love to invest your life in solving? Now more than ever, technology has opened the door to more creative options for being a part of the solution. Take some time to brainstorm some options forward.
6) Response: Take some time this week to reflect on your own budget. Where does generosity fall in your list of financial priorities? Do you lead with an open-hand or are you more tight-fisted? After a couple moments of honest reflection, pray this prayer:
“Living God, help me to see all I have as a gift sourced in your love. Motivated by gratitude, may I live this week as a steward - open-handed, using the things I have generously. Today and every day, I want to serve Jesus. Amen.”
Leave a Reply.
Pelham Friends Church
The Bible can be a confusing book. At PFC, we endeavor to bring the ancient text into contemporary times.